BBC report that More than 12 million fall into UK digital skills gap.
The report, from charity, Go On UK, lists five Basic Digital Skills, all of which involve online safety issues:
- Managing information: find, manage and store digital information and content
- Communicating: communicate, interact, collaborate, share and connect with others
- Transacting: purchase and sell goods and services; organise your finances; register for and use digital government services
- Problem-solving: increase independence and confidence by solving problems using digital tools and finding solutions
- Creating: engage with communities and create basic digital content